Diploma Pathway Skillset
Can’t commit to a full qualification right now? Then dip into the basics of event management with our ‘new look’ Event Starter course. COMING SOON…
Gain an entry level event management skillset to start you on your event journey. Or extend current skills to progress in your career. Experience the flexibility of self-paced online learning. No prerequisites required. REGISTER YOUR INTEREST to be kept in the loop.
Our ‘new look’ Event Starter is a short, sharp pathway course that consists of four self-paced online units. These units are drawn from the first four units of our Event Manager – Diploma program.
Event Starter units include:
- Event Foundation – Learn the foundations of event management including the global events industry, industry sectors, the role of an event manager.
- Event Registrations – Includes the use of EventsAIR, industry standard booking software.
- Event Experience Design 1 – Learn to understand and develop your own event concepts.
- Event Marketing – Learn to plan and implement marketing for many different event types.
These four units make up an event management skillset. They also form the first part of the Event Manager – Diploma program making credit transfer super easy to continue your event career journey with CoEM.
On completion of Event Starter you will:
We highly recommend further study and industry exposure to increase employability within the events industry. See more about the Event Manager – Diploma program HERE
Event Starter is a pathway to the Event Manager – Diploma course without committing to a whole qualification.
This course is for those who:
- Want entry level skills to gain a foot into the events industry
- Are curious about a career in events but are not quite ready to commit to a full qualification
- Want to experience studying with CoEM before committing to further study
- Are looking to enhance their career prospects by gaining a new skillset
- Would like a self-paced pathway option into the Event Manager program
Entry into Event Starter is as follows:
- Over 18 years of age
- Access to a computer and reliable internet connection
- Loads of enthusiasm and passion for events
- No previous course completion or experience in events required
EVENT STARTER FEES – to be confirmed at the time of course launch.
To speak to one of the CoEM Team about Event Starter please call 02 9280 4912.
an entry level
units to our
I have never studied online before and I love the course and the layout and the Interaction with my lecturer is great. The industry interviews give a really good first-hand perspective and the event administration subjects are also very useful.
Marcela – Event Starter graduate
I have really enjoyed the creative components of the course; creating mood boards and thinking up concepts. It’s great to have get a brief, complete it and get professional feedback at the end. The teachers are really know their stuff.
Ella – Event Starter graduate
When my manager heard I was taking this course I was asked to assist with their big annual event. It was such an unexpected bonus!
Ebony – Event Starter graduate
The course had a great mix of practical and theory. I really enjoyed being able to step into the shoes of an event manager and learn skills I didn’t even know existed before this course.
Shannon – Event Starter graduate
I would [definitely] recommend this training to others. Activities in each unit put my knowledge to the test and kept me engaged. It was great to read other student’s comments and hear their own experiences as we went along.
Katy – Event Starter graduate