Diploma of Event Management SIT50316
Give yourself the best shot at landing your dream job in events with this in-depth course.
Learn all aspects of event management via practical and relevant content. Gain a thorough skill set for job readiness. Gain exposure to a large industry network. Be job ready in under 12 months.
The Event Manager program is an absorbing and immersive journey into the global world of events and the role of the event management professional.
Specialised online content is aligned with practical application and covers all aspects of event management; from concept development and planning, right through to the implementation and production of a wide range of events.
Using real event scenarios you will explore the following units and subjects:
The Major Project is the centre-piece of the program. Being guided by our experienced event educators you will create your own event concept and industry-standard production plan. The Major Project is an impressive addition to your employment toolkit and a great way to show employers your knowledge and skill level.
In addition to our event focussed online content we will assist you in finding meaningful work experience roles via our Industry Engagement Program.* You will be offered many ‘real-world’ event opportunities where you will gain exposure to valuable professional networks to help build your employment pathway. Participation in IEP is highly recommended but not mandatory for course completion.
* Our IEP program has been effected by COVID-19. Please see our response here →
By the time you graduate from the Event Manager program you will:
- be well connected to the events industry
- be awarded a nationally recognised qualification
- have developed the skills and knowledge to confidently enter an event role
- have built an impressive resume including your Major Project and proof of your industry experience
- be job-ready and able to apply for a dedicated event role in such diverse fields as: music, arts and community festivals / sporting events / venues / meetings and conferences / weddings / trade shows and exhibitions / government / not-for-profit
It’s in-depth, it’s thorough and it’s for those who are serious about a career in the exciting events industry. Completion of Event Manager will give you the best shot at landing your dream event management role.
Course highlights available to Event Manager students only:
- Experience a highly supportive and personalised study environment
- Fantastic work experience on great events via our Industry Engagement Program
- Gain access to over 900 industry connections ensuring high exposure to the right people
- Join our proactive employment program via Event Jobs Online, our exclusive in-house recruitment agency
- Gain first-hand experience from industry professional educators
- Over 18 years of age
- Attend a phone interview
- Possess a strong command of English (verbal and written)
- No previous course completion or experience in events required
- Access to a computer and reliable internet connection
- Latest version of Firefox or Chrome and Abode Flash player
- Webcam and microphone
- Each student will receive Microsoft 365 (included in your course fees)
Gain a thorough
on real events
Thank you CoEM! This has been one heck of a learning experience. The industry connections were invaluable and the team so supportive. Super excited to start my events career.
Jemma – Event Manager graduate
One of the best things about the course is the hands-on experience. Plenty of opportunities to connect with leading event organisations. CoEM helps you to network with the right people to get you into any area of events.
Silviu – Event Manager graduate
I attended the [event] last night and WOW, it was magical. Thank you so much for putting my application forward for that. Making the move into events is definitely what I am meant to be doing.
Nikki – Event Manager graduate
It’s been challenging but very rewarding! Thanks to all the staff for being so supportive and nice! I feel confident that I have the knowledge and skills to make a great start in the events industry.
Faye – Event Manager graduate
I have a new permanent event role! BIG job, very full on at the moment – but I absolutely love it already!! We started to bump in today…I’m the crazy one on site grinning away!
Roz – Event Manager graduate
What’s awesome about COEM is that you have access to their online job portal even after you graduate! If you’re a student who is unsure about studying here, feel free to PM me for details!
Dean – Event Manager graduate