Fast-track Event Job Pathway
Can’t commit to a full qualification right now? Then make a great start to your event career with our ‘new look’ Event Express course.
Gain an entry level event management skillset to start you on your event journey. Or extend current skills to progress in your career. Experience the flexibility of high-quality online learning. No prerequisites required. Apply for next intake now!
Our new Event Express program is a fast-track learning journey made up of five online modules including Event Job Pathway Preparation.
This snazzy little 20 week online program is designed to help you move into the global events industry with skills, knowledge and confidence.
Experience the flexibility of high quality, engaging self-paced online learning combined with live event experience.
Gain a certified entry level event management skillset. Or build on your current skills and experience to progress your career in events.
No prerequisites. Get on it!
- Accredited learning modules
- Self paced study
- Practical skills and knowledge
- Volunteer opportunities
- Job pathway preparation
Event Express is a 20 week, fast-track course.
- Approximately 8 hours of online study per week
- Optional volunteer hours to align with your schedule
Our 10 x 10 Event Management Curriculum combines the top 10 technical and 10 human skills required by employers in the global events industry.
This blended program combines the best of online learning with opportunities to volunteer and work on events.
The units below make up an event management skillset, a well-rounded foundation for the beginning of a career in events or further study.
- Event Foundation – Learn the fundamentals every event manager should know.
- Event Experience Design 1 – Learn to develop and present event concepts.
- Event Team Leadership – Learn the how’s and why’s of event team interaction and management working on an event project.
- Event Registrations – Learn to use the EventsAIR event management software and receive industry accreditation.
- Event Job Preparation – Prepare yourself with the tools needed to land your dream events role.
More about Event Job Preparation
Our job pathway programs are managed through our very own recruitment platform. We call it Event Talent Agency.
- Personal Profile – Build your profile and resume in Linkedin, the go-to platform for event professionals.
- Volunteering – Opportunities to volunteer at events.
- Job Opportunities – We help you find a job in the events industry. It’s up to you to land it but we’ll help you take off.
- Networking – Join the global events community. We know some great people and companies and we would like to introduce you to them.
On completion of the Event Express program you will receive:
- Certificates of completion for all modules.
- Digital credentials to share on your Linkekin profile.
- Professional industry certification for EventsAIR.
- Credit transfer for any modules in CoEM’s SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management course.
We highly recommend further study and industry exposure to increase employability within the events industry. See more about the Event Manager – Diploma program HERE
Event Express is a pathway to the Event Manager – Diploma course without committing to a whole qualification.
This course is for those who:
- Want to get started in the events industry.
- Are looking to enhance their career prospects by gaining new skills.
- Are interested in events but are not ready to commit to a full qualification.
- Want to experience studying with CoEM before committing to further study.
- Would like the option of a pathway into CoEM’s SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management.
Entry into Event Express is as follows:
- No ATAR required.
- Over 18 years of age.
- Application and interview (not scary).
- Access to a reliable computer and internet connection.
- Motivation, excellent time-management, reliability and an ability to focus.
- Loads of enthusiasm and passion for events.
- No previous course completion or experience in events required.
EVENT EXPRESS FEES
- $3300 inc gst
- Flexible payment plans.
- Discount for upfront payment.
Enquire now for our next intake. Or to speak to one of the CoEM Team about Event Express please call 0406 623 683.
an entry level
units to our
I have never studied online before and I love the course and the layout and the Interaction with my lecturer is great. The industry interviews give a really good first-hand perspective and the event administration subjects are also very useful.
Marcela – Event Starter graduate
I have really enjoyed the creative components of the course; creating mood boards and thinking up concepts. It’s great to have get a brief, complete it and get professional feedback at the end. The teachers are really know their stuff.
Ella – Event Starter graduate
When my manager heard I was taking this course I was asked to assist with their big annual event. It was such an unexpected bonus!
Ebony – Event Starter graduate
The course had a great mix of practical and theory. I really enjoyed being able to step into the shoes of an event manager and learn skills I didn’t even know existed before this course.
Shannon – Event Starter graduate
I would [definitely] recommend this training to others. Activities in each unit put my knowledge to the test and kept me engaged. It was great to read other student’s comments and hear their own experiences as we went along.
Katy – Event Starter graduate